Here’s my 5 predictions for the second half of 2010.
- All of 2009’s 10 largest EMS companies – Foxconn, Flextronics, Jabil, Celestica Sanmina, Cal-Comp, Elcoteq, Venture, Benchmark and Plexus – will be intact at year end, and with the exception of Elcoteq, will finish 2010 in the same order.
- One of the mid-tier publicly traded EMS companies will be acquired, however.
- Component availability issues will not ease until mid 2011.
- Foxconn’s many employee problems will blow over as the media tires of the story.
- “Computer-aided innovation” will become the big buzzword in software.